TA Blog: 2012-03-19 BOS
||Below is the TA's summary of what transpired at the Board of Selectmen's meeting of March 19, 2012. Questions or comments? Contact the Town Administrator. Official meeting minutes will be posted when approved by the Board.
March 19, 2012 Board of Selectmen Meeting Summary
1. Executive Session: Strategy with Respect to Collective Bargaining - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.30A,§21(a)(3) to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining, since an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining position of the board; and to convene in open session thereafter [Roll call vote: 3-0]
2A. Personnel Board: Proposed Amendments to the Personnel By-law - The Board of Selectmen voted not to insert any proposed amendments to the Personnel By-law to the May 7, 2012 Annual Town Meeting. The Board of Selectmen did vote to insert amendments to Classification and Compensation Plan Schedules C and C1 as requested by the Park and Recreation Commission.
2B. Insert Articles on the May 7, 2012 Annual/Special Town Meeting Warrants.
(1) The Board of Selectmen voted to move the following capital projects from the May 7, 2012 Annual Town Meeting to the May 7, 2012 Special Town Meeting so the projects can commence prior to July 1, 2012: (A) Fire Station Ambulance Apparatus Bay, $200,000; (B) LCTV Studio Upgrade, $175,000; and (C) LCTV Equipment Upgrade, $125,000.
(2) The Board of Selectmen voted to add to the FY 2013 capital projects article a $35,000 supplemental appropriation for the Littleton Common Sewer Feasibility Study to be offset by an increase in payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) from LELWD.
(3) The Board of Selectmen voted to insert onto the May 7, 2012 Special Town Meeting warrant a borrowing article requested by the Board of Water Commissioners to fund further engineering design for the #2 Well Production Facility.
(4) The Board of Selectmen voted to insert onto the May 7, 2012 Annual Town Meeting warrant an article requested by the Conservation Commission to transfer Town-owned Lots R14-3-A (3.579 AC) and R3-5 (29.27 AC) to the Conservation Commission for conservation purposes.