Department Scholarship Information
What is a scholarship?
A scholarship is a reduced rate or fee assistance for Department Programs and activities based on a financial need. Program fees maybe discounted 25% or 50% or 75%. All applicant’s personal financial information is kept confidential. Class instructors and program leaders are not informed of participant’s scholarship status.
Scholarships apply to most programs or activities with the following exceptions:
· Facility/Field Rental Fees
· Late Fees
· Adult Athletic Team/Or Player Fees
· Program Fees Of $10.00 Or Less
Are there any fees?
Applications MUST pay the Park the Park and Recreation Annual Fee of $5.00 per person, or $20 per household, in order to receive assistance.
How to apply for reduced fees?
1. Complete the Park, Recreation & Comm. Ed. Department Scholarship Application Form.
2. Attach supportive documentation to substantiate annual income. Staff can not approve scholarship application without proper documentation.
3. Fax, mail or drop off all information to: Kate Hodges, Director
Littleton PRCE Dept.
PO Box 934
Littleton, MA 01460
Fax: (978) 952-6053
4. Applicants will be notified within 5 business days regarding their reduced fee status.
5. Once approved, the reduced program fee must be paid within 3 days of award notice or call in order to participate in any class, activity or program. Classes or programs that are full or cancelled may not be available regardless of scholarship status.
The scholarship application will not hold a reservation for any class, activity or program with limited registration spots. The registration is not completed until after the scholarship is approved and the balance is paid in full. The scholarship application must be completed at least three business days before the deadline, in order to insure that the applicant may have a change to pay the balance in full, which must be done before the deadline.
Who can receive a scholarship?
Scholarships are available to Town of Littleton residents ONLY! Discounts are based on the number of immediate family members in the household and their combined income from all sources.
· Income is calculated on gross income (before deductions from taxes, insurance premiums, union dues, bond, employee’s social security taxes and other employee deductions). Income includes net income form self-employment, social security, public assistance, alimony, child support payments, regular contributions from people not living in the same household, monetary compensation for services such as wages, salary, and commission for fees and other cash income.
· The Town of Littleton Parks, Recreation & Comm. Ed. Department may consider both the income of the family during the previous calendar year and the family’s current income to determine which is the better indicator or need for a scholarship. (Additional deadlines may apply other than those listed here.)
o Camp Tahattawan April 30th
o Camp Prouty May 1st
o Kids Adventures June 1st
Any further questions can be answered by calling Kate Hodges, PRCE Director at the Town of Littleton’s Parks, Recreation & Community Education Department at (978) 486-3120.
Littleton Parks, Recreation & Comm. Ed. Department’s Scholarship Sliding Scale
Scholarships are figured on a sliding scale as indicated in the table below.
Two Member Household
Three Member Household
Four Member Household
Five Member Household