TA Blog: 2017-04-24 BOS
||Below is the TA's summary of what transpired at the Board of Selectmen's meeting of April 24, 2017. Questions or comments? Contact the Town Administrator. Official meeting minutes will be posted when approved by the Board. Read the meeting packet.
April 24, 2017 Board of Selectmen Meeting Summary
1. Organization / Read Mail
- MBTA is allocating $1.5-million for expanding parking at Littleton /495 commuter rail station
- Deed from MassDOT recorded for Town's acquisition of 5.11 acres on Boxborough Road for $197,651
- FY 2016 financial audit and management letter received from Town's auditor Giusti, Hingston & Co. - Finance Committee will schedule review with auditor
1A. Littleton Robotics Team Mechanical Advantage recognition - The Board of Selectmen congratulated Littleton's FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) robotics competition team, Mechanical Advantage. Read more.
2A1. MassDOT Complete Streets: Award 2016 Tier 3-grant funded construction contract - J. Tropeano, Inc. - $426,745 - The Board of Selectmen voted to award to and authorize execution of a contract for Complete Streets Improvements with J. Tropeano, Inc. of North Andover, MA at its sole bid of $426,745, with execution of said contract subject to receipt of performance and payment bonds and certificates of insurance.
2A2. MassDOT Complete Streets: Submit new application for 2017 Tier 3 grant - $246,248 - The Board of Selectmen voted to authorize submission to MassDOT under its FY 2018 Complete Streets funding program a Tier 3 grant application in the amount of $246,268 for the following projects included in the Town’s approved Tier 2 prioritization plan: Goldsmith Street improvements ($98,457.60); Jennifer Street sidewalk repair ($135,920.10); and Newtown Road pedestrian midblock crosswalk ($11,889.60).
2B. Award Nagog Hill Road Reconstruction contracts: E.H. Perkins (construction base bid $2,150,000); Green International (admin $156,875)
(1) The Board of Selectmen voted to award to and authorize execution of a contract for Roadway Reconstruction of Nagog Hill Road with E.H. Perkins Construction Inc. of Hudson, MA at its low base bid of $2,150,000, with execution of said contract subject to receipt of performance and payment bonds and certificates of insurance.
(2) The Board of Selectmen voted to award a contract for Resident Engineer and Construction Administration Services for the Nagog Hill Road reconstruction project to Green International Affiliates, Inc., of Westford, MA in an amount not to exceed $156,875.
2C. Stormwater MS4 permit compliance update - DPW Director updated the Board on Littleton’s action plan to implement the requirements of the MS4 (municipal separate storm sewer system) permit issued jointly by U.S. EPA and Mass DEP.
2D. Award Smart Sewer Engineering Contract – Weston & Sampson, $252,000 - The Board of Selectmen voted to award a contract for professional engineering services for the preliminary design of a smart sewer project for Littleton Common to successful proposer Weston & Sampson Engineers, Inc. of Peabody, MA in an amount not to exceed $252,000 for Phase 1, subject to approval as to form by Town Counsel.
3. Public Input / Members’ Updates / Selectmen Goal Updates
4. Littleton Common Smart Sewer Public Information Session - The Board of Selectmen conducted a public information session on the Littleton Common smart sewer strategic plan. See presentation.
5. May 1, 2017 Annual & Special Town Meetings – article assignments, recommendations - The Board of Selectmen assigned articles to members.
6A. May 6, 2017 Annual Town Election Warrant - The Board of Selectmen voted to execute the warrant for the annual town election to be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 8 AM to 8 PM in the Charles Forbes Kaye Gymnasium, Littleton Middle School, 55 Russell Street; and to direct that the constable post said warrant forthwith.
6B. Park & Recreation Commission: MOA for Supervision of PRCE Director - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.41,§23A, to approve a Memorandum of Agreement with the Park and Recreation Commission relative to the supervision of the Parks, Recreation and Community Education (PRCE) Director by the Town Administrator.
6C. Procurement / Facility / Project Updates - Town buildings and space needs analysis RFQ, Alumni Field renovations & building project - Updates from Assistant Town Administrator / Chief Procurement Officer Anthony Ansaldi on the (1) Town buildings and space needs analysis, and (2) Alumni Field renovations and amenities building project.
7A. Minutes Approval - The Board of Selectmen voted to approve the meeting minutes of April 10, 2017.
8. Executive Session: To conduct strategy session in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel (Police Chief) - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.30A,§21, (a) (2) to go into executive session for the purpose of conducting a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel (Police Chief); and not to convene in open session thereafter. [Roll call vote: 5-0]