TA Blog: 2017-05-08 BOS
||Below is the TA's summary of what transpired at the Board of Selectmen's meeting of May 8, 2017. Questions or comments? Contact the Town Administrator. Official meeting minutes will be posted when approved by the Board. Read the meeting packet.
May 8, 2017 Board of Selectmen Meeting Summary
1A. Annual Election of Chair, Vice-Chair, Clerk - The Board of Selectmen voted to elect Chuck DeCoste as Chair of the Board of Selectmen for a term of one year, commencing immediately. The Board of Selectmen voted to elect Paul Glavey as Vice-Chair of the Board of Selectmen for a term of one year, commencing immediately. The Board of Selectmen voted to elect Joe Knox as Clerk of the Board of Selectmen for a term of one year, commencing immediately.
1B. Read Mail
- FEMA approval of Littleton's Hazard Mitigation Plan effective 4/13/17 for five years.
- Littleton's MS4 Stormwater annual report for 2017 filed with EPA, DEP
- Citizens comment on Town Meeting
- Senior Appreciation Luncheon - Wed 5/24/17 at noon.
2A. Selectmen’s Meeting Schedule - The Board of Selectmen voted to schedule the following Board of Selectmen’s regular meetings for the dates indicated at 6:30 PM in Room 103 Shattuck Street Building: June 5 & 12, 2017; July 10 & 24, 2017; August 7 & 21, 2017; and September 11 & 25, 2017 regular meetings; and further to schedule a joint meeting with the Finance Committee on Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7 PM to review the FY 2016 audit.
2B. FY 2018 Goal Setting Process - The Selectmen will include an item regarding FY 2018 goals on each upcoming meeting agendas. For the Mon 5/22 meeting, Selectmen can submit proposed goals by Thu 5/18 for inclusion in the meeting packet. See list of goals for FY 2017.
2C. Schedule Review of Selectmen’s Policies & Regulations - The Board of Selectmen voted to schedule the conduct of its annual review of Selectmen’s Regulations and Policies for the Board’s regular meeting on June 5, 2017. The Board of Selectmen voted to receive proposed Domestic Violence Leave Policy and Separation of Employment Policy & Procedures from the Personnel Board, and to schedule the adoption of said policies for the Board of Selectmen's next regular meeting.
2D. Annual Town Board Appointment Process - The Board of Selectmen voted to schedule interviews and appointments for its annual town board appointments process for June 5 and June 12, 2017. Town Board Control Sheets indicating committee composition and any statutory / by-law reference to be provided to the Selectmen.
3. Public Input / Members’ Updates / Selectmen Goal Updates
4. Joint Meeting w/Planning Board and Master Plan Update Steering Committee – Establish Master Plan Implementation Committee - The Board of Selectmen voted to establish a Master Plan Implementation Committee (MPIC) to promote and guide implementation of Littleton Master Plan 2030, said committee membership to be determined, to be comprised of no fewer than five (5) Littleton residents for staggered three-year terms, plus two (2) alternate members; to be appointed by the Board of Selectmen and the Planning Board; and invite applications from Littleton residents..
5. Public Hearing: Jake’s Auto Body, 1 Adams Street - Class II License to buy, sell, exchange or assemble new and used motor vehicles - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.140,§§58-59, to approve the application of John A. Bowles d/b/a Jake's Auto Body, 1 Adams Street, for a Class II license to buy, sell, exchange or assemble second hand motor vehicles or parts thereof at 1 Adams Street, Littleton, subject to terms and conditions of the last such license issued by the Board for these premises.
6A. May 1, 2017 Annual/Special Town Meetings – Recap, Follow-up - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to May 1, 2017 Special Town Meeting Article 5-A, to amend its vote of April 24, 2017 relative to the contract for professional engineering services for the preliminary design of a smart sewer project for Littleton Common with Weston & Sampson Engineers, Inc. of Peabody, MA and approve scopes of work for both Phases 1 at $252,000 and Phase 2 for $200,000.
6B. Procurement / Facility / Project Updates - Alumni Field renovations & building project, Complete Streets / Russell Street sidewalk, comprehensive needs assessment for recreation fields - Assistant Town Administrator Anthony Ansaldi updated the Board on groundbreakings scheduled for Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 9 AM at 55 Russell Street on the Alumni Field and Complete Streets projects.
7A. Director of Veterans Services reappointment - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.115,§10 to reappoint John F. Boroski of Littleton as part-time Director of Veterans Services for the Town of Littleton for a term expiring June 30, 2020.
7B. Deputy Police and Fire Chiefs annual contract extensions - The Board of Selectmen voted to authorize execution of contract extensions with Deputy Police Chief Jeff Patterson and Deputy Fire Chief Tom Clancy, both for July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
7C. Management Employee Contract Amendments – FY 2018 Classification & Compensation Plan Schedule Adjustments – Town Administrator, Director of Finance & Budget/ Town Accountant, Police Chief, Fire Chief - The Board of Selectmen voted to amend the existing management employee contracts with the Town Administrator Keith Bergman, Director of Finance & Budget / Town Accountant Bonnie Holston, Police Chief Matthew King, and Fire Chief Scott Wodzinski to implement, effective July 1, 2017, FY 2018 amendments to the classification and compensation plan as approved by the May 1, 2017 Annual Town Meeting at the equivalent grade and step dollar amounts.
8A. Minutes Approval - The Board of Selectmen voted to approve the minutes of April 24, 2017, including smart sewer PowerPoint presentation.
9. Executive Session: Conduct strategy session and negotiations with nonunion personnel - Police Chief - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.30A,§21, (a) (2) to go into executive session for the purpose of conducting strategy session and contract negotiations with nonunion personnel (Police Chief); and not to convene in open session thereafter. [Roll call vote: 5-0]