TA Blog: 2017-05-22 BOS
||Below is the TA's summary of what transpired at the Board of Selectmen's meeting of May 22, 2017. Questions or comments? Contact the Town Administrator. Official meeting minutes will be posted when approved by the Board. Read the meeting packet.
May 22, 2017 Board of Selectmen Meeting Summary
1A. Employment Contract: Police Chief Matthew J. King / Strategy session and negotiations with nonunion personnel - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.30A, §21(a)(2), to go into executive session for the purpose of conducting strategy session and contract negotiations with nonunion personnel / Police Chief; and to convene in open session thereafter. [Roll call: 4-0].
In open session following executive session: The Board of Selectmen voted to approve an employment contract with Police Chief Matthew J. King for the period July 1, 2017 through July 1, 2018.
1B. Executive Session - Value of Land – Town Offices Space Needs Study - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.30A,§21(a) (6), to go into executive session to consider the value of real property since an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the Board’s negotiating position relative to property to address Town Offices space needs; and to convene in open session thereafter under agenda item 8D to discuss the subject property and potential uses of said property [roll call vote: 4-0].
2. Organization / Pledge of Allegiance / Read Mail
- Memorial Day parade - Monday, May 29, 2017
- Police Department accreditation assessment to be conducted June 13-14, 2017
3A. Police Sergeant Promotion – Patrolman Douglas W. Landry - The Board of Selectmen voted to promote Patrolman Douglas W. Landry to the position of Patrol Sergeant for the Littleton Police Department.
3B. Conservation Commission Appointment - Rachael Robinson - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.40,§8C and Town Code §8-4 to appoint Rachael Robinson to a term on the Conservation Commission expiring June 30, 2019.
4. Public Input / Members’ Updates
5. Board of Selectmen – Proposed Goals for FY 2018 - The Board reviewed proposed FY 2018 goals presented by individual members (summarized in a draft matrix), and scheduled further discussion for its next regular meeting on Monday, June 5, 2017.
6. Chapter Land (MGL Chapters 61, 61A, 61B), Town-owned land, and State-owned land - Joint meeting w/ Board of Assessors - The Board reviewed information from the Assessors regarding changes to so-called "Chapter Land" -- MGL C. 61 (forestry), C. 61A (agricultural/horticultural), C.61B (recreation).
7. Town Website Update – Information Systems / Finance - Update prepared by Information System Director Nancy Glencross and Treasurer Steve Venuti. The presentation identifies the most common requests regarding Town website-- accessible meeting minutes and agendas, ease of use for calendars, ability to subscribe to email notifications / e-alerts, boards and committees info center, access to LCTV recorded meetings; social media presence, and responsive design for mobile devices—and how those can be addressed with the functionalities available from the selected vendor, Virtual Towns and Schools of Boxborough. During the presentation, staff gave a live demonstration of the GIS, Open Checkbook, and Town Code products.
8A. Award Integrated Financial Management Software – Munis by Tyler Technologies - The Board of Selectmen voted to authorize award of a contract for integrated financial software to Tyler Technologies of Yarmouth, Maine for its Munis product in an amount not to exceed $350,000, effective July 1, 2017 and subject to Town Counsel review of the final contract document.
8B. Policy Adoption: Domestic Violence Leave Policy; Separation of Employment Policy & Procedures - The Board of Selectmen voted to adopt a proposed Domestic Violence Leave Policy and Separation of Employment Policy & Procedures from the Personnel Board, as introduced at the Board of Selectmen’s meeting on May 8, 2017.
8C. Fire Station Facility Update; Firefighter’s Memorial - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to Littleton Sign By-law §173-34(C) , to approve the design of proposed enhancements to the existing firefighters memorial monument at 20 Foster Street fire station location.
8D. Procurement / Facility / Project Updates - Town buildings and space needs analysis - ATA Anthony Alsaldi reported that the PMBC voted on 5/17/ 17 to award the contract for the Littleton Town Offices Building & Space Needs Analysis to Allen Lieb and Associates, Inc. of Lynnfield, MA.
8E1. Intermunicipal Agreements with Town of Boxborough: Animal Control Officer Services provided by Boxborough to Littleton - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.40,§4A, to authorize execution of an intermunicipal agreement with the Town of Boxborough for provision by Boxborough of animal control officer services to Littleton, with a term from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, at a cost of $26,657.
8E2. Intermunicipal Agreements with Town of Boxborough: LCTV Cable Services provided by Littleton to Boxborough - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.40,§4A, to authorize execution of an intermunicipal agreement with the Town of Boxborough for provision by Littleton of LCTV services to Boxborough, for the period July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 for $58,000, with supplemental services at $89 per hour.
9A. Minutes Approval - The Board of Selectmen voted to approve the meeting minutes of May 8, 2017 as amended.