TA Blog: 2017-09-11 BOS
||Below is the TA's summary of what transpired at the Board of Selectmen's meeting of September 11, 2017. Questions or comments? Contact the Town Administrator. Official meeting minutes will be posted when approved by the Board. Read the meeting packet.
September 11, 2017 Board of Selectmen Meeting Summary
1. Organization / Read Mail
- Attorney General approves 5/1/17 ATM bylaws for Art. 17. Zoning Amendment: Accessory Apartment; Art. 22. Town By-law: Town Meeting Procedures; Art. 23. Town By-law: Departmental Revolving Funds
- Implementing Best Practices - A Statewide Conference for Municipal Officials and Staff - Mon 9/18/17, Worcester - Housing and Economic Development: Empowering Communities to Meet the Challenge of Sustainable Housing Production
- MassDOT grants for CrossTown Connect for dispatch ($60,000) and shuttle ($41,000) services
2. Police Patrol Officers - Interviews / Appointments - The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C.41,§97A, to appoint Eric Michel of Shirley, MA and Jared Richard of Fitchburg, MA as patrol officers for the Littleton Police Department.
3. Public Input / Members’ Updates
- have the Chair, Vice Chair, TA and ATA arrange the logistics for a Board of Selectmen's retreat with an outside facilitator; no votes would be taken.
4. October 30, 2017 Special Town Meeting: insert articles - The Board of Selectmen voted to insert the following articles onto the warrant for the October 30, 2017 Special Town Meeting, subject to approval as to form by Town Counsel:
A. Zoning amendment: Senior Residential Development
B. Zoning amendment: Inclusionary Housing
C. Establish Affordable Housing Trust Fund: Town By-law; accept statute
D. Amend FY 2018 Personal Exemption Amounts - 100%
E. Transfer Ownership of Couper Farm Parcels to Town of Littleton (as amended: Parcel D for agricultural and/or conservation)
F. Charlotte Hartwell Property Donation for West Lawn Cemetery
G. Tax Title Properties: Abutter Land Sales, Conservation
H. Supplemental FY 2018 Capital Items from available funds: (1) $99,000 for school curb & sidewalk repairs, (2) $80,000 for master plan implementation
I. Zoning amendment: temporary moratorium – recreational marijuana
J. Agricultural Commission: Amend Town By-law; accept state statute
- The Board of Selectmen voted, pursuant to MGL C. 40A,§5, to refer to the Planning Board for public hearings the following proposed zoning amendments requested by the Planning Board for the October 30, 2017 Special Town Meeting: (1) Senior Residential Development; (2) Inclusionary Housing; and (3) Temporary Moratorium on Marijuana Establishments.
- The Board of Selectmen voted to schedule public hearings for Monday, October 2, 2017: at 7:30 PM on the proposed layout of McIntosh Lane as a public way and at 8 PM on transfer of ownership of the Couper Farm parcels.
- Town Moderator and Town Clerk will invite public comment on proposed procedures for town meeting.
- Agricultural Working Group to convene to discuss how proposed acceptance of state statute would apply to Town-owned agricultural properties.
5A. Project Updates – Town Office Spaces Needs Study, Fields Needs Assessment, Alumni Field Renovations - The Board of Selectmen heard updates on the (1) Town buildings and space needs analysis; (2) comprehensive needs assessment for recreation fields; and (3) Alumni Field renovations.
6. Minutes Approval - The Board of Selectmen voted to approve the meeting minutes of August 21, 2017.