Littleton Fire Department
Our mission is the protection of life and property through a combination of emergency response and loss prevention services.
Regular burning season runs from January 15th through May 1st of each year.
A valid permit obtained from the Littleton Fire Department is required. The Fire Chief reserves the right to deny open burning on any day due to weather or unfavorable environmental conditions.
Burning is allowed on days when air quality is good per the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection or by calling 617-556-1021.
Burn Permits are available at the Fire Station at 20 Foster Street or apply Online.
Cost is $10 for the season (credit card fee applies).
Complete the Online Burn Permit Application.
You must call 978-540-2399 on the days you wish to burn and leave a message with your address and Permit Number
Pursuant to MGL Chapter 148, Section 10A a permit is required for any dumpster 6 yards of larger.
Permit cost $25 per dumpster.
Dumpster Permits are available at the Fire Station at 20 Foster Street or apply Online.
Complete the Online Dumpster Permit Application.
Permit Type & Fee
Checks should be made payable to the Town of Littleton.
- Open Air Burning- $10
- Residential Smoke/CO 1 Unit: $50
- Re-Inspection of Residential Smoke/CO: $25/per
- Smoke/CO 2 Units: $100
- Smoke/CO 3 to 6 Units: $150
- Smoke/CO More than 6 Units: $500
- LPG Storage: $50
- Oil Burner/Oil Tank: Installation/Inspection (PDF)
- Above Ground Tank Installation: $50
- Underground Tank Removal: $60
- Transfer Tanks: $50
- Dumpster Permit: $25
- Fire Alarm: $50
- Sprinkler System: $50
- Blasting Permit 3 Shots: $50
- Blasting Permit Quarry (1 month): $50
- Hot Works: $50
To request use of the Littleton Fire Meeting Room please fill out the
Meeting Room Use
The use of any Fire Department meeting room is subject to all laws, ordinances and regulations as well as all Fire Department Rules. Fire Department Rules applicable to the meetings room include but are not limited to the following:
- No alcohol, controlled substance or tobacco use is permitted on or about any Fire Department Property
- No solicitation or gambling on Fire Department Property
- Fireworks, explosives, open flames or aerosol sprays are not permitted
- Attendees cannot exceed room capacity of 49
- All meeting spaces are to be cleaned and returned to the setup in which they are found. All trash is to be brought to the dumpster in the back corner of the parking lot. The bathrooms should also be left in the same condition in which they were found.
- The group must supply its own food, beverages, dishes and cutlery. The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker are available and should be cleaned after usage.
- Please be aware of emergency vehicles entering and exiting the garage. At no time shall any attendee park in front of the garage doors for any period of time. All parking is limited to the front and back parking lots.
- The Fire Department reserves the right to restrict or cancel use of the meeting room at any time. By continuing with a reservation request you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these rules.