Requirements for Common Victualler License Process

The Littleton Select Board, as the Local Licensing Authority, issues Common Victualler Licenses in accordance with M.G.L. Ch.140 §2-6. Anyone selling food to the public for on-premises consumption must have a license to operate.

Anyone selling alcohol to the public for on-premises consumption must have a permit to operate.

Applicants must complete the following steps:

  • Confirm proper zoning of the proposed location with the Building Inspector
  • Obtain a Business Certificate from the Town Clerk's Office if applicable per M.G.L. ch.110 §5
  • Complete an Application for a Littleton Common Victualler License.
  • Complete an Application for a Littleton Entertainment License (if applicable).
  • Complete CORI Acknowledgement Form for business owner(s)
  • This Office will circulate copies of the application to other town departments for their comments/approval.

Upon completion of the above steps, a hearing before the Select Board will be scheduled.

  • Applicant or their representative must attend the Select Board hearing
  • Provide completed Workers Compensation Insurance Affidavit [M.G.L. ch.152 §25C(6)]
  • If applicable, provide Certificate of Insurance for workers compensation [M.G.L. ch.152 §25C(6)]
  • M.G.L. ch.62C §49A[Tax Compliance Affidavit Complete
  • Pay Annual License Fee of $25 for Common Victualler license and Entertainment License fee (if applicable).

Please contact the Office of the Select Board/Town Administrator with any questions about the process.