Long Lake Community Sailing Program
The Long Lake Community Sailing Program combines classroom instruction with hands-on experience in order to teach children how to sail. During this program, participants will learn safety skills and basic boating knowledge such as the parts of the boat, the science of sailing, knots, basic navigation, seamanship, rigging/de-rigging, and survival skills. Children will have many opportunities to get out on the water and test their technical knowledge.
This year the sailing program will be accepting students ages 8 to 15, exceptions will be made with proper documentation of sailing skill. The sailing program is a 1-week session taught in accordance with the U.S. Sailing Small Boat Sailor Certification System. We have a limited enrollment available with a maximum of 20 kids per week.
Each day sailors are responsible to have their own supplies. Being prepared is an important part of becoming a sailor. Please have your child be responsible to bring the required materials each day:
- Type 3 Coast Guard Approved Lifejacket
- Water bottle
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Pen or pencil
- Colored pencils or crayons
- Change of clothes
Program hours are from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Monday through Thursday, Friday is a built-in rain day. The Sailing Program will run Tuesday through Friday, July 5 to July 8, 2022 the week of July 4th! Before and After Care registration is available through Camp T, separate registration. Sailing students will be transported from Shaker Lane to the Lake by the Sailing Coordinator.
New in 2022, 5-day option! If we do not have sailing on Friday (rain day) your child can join Teen Adventures or Camp T on their Weekly Field Trip for $100, the cost of supervision, transportation and admission! Due to the dependence on weather, this will be a weekly decision. Permission slips will be handed out on Tuesdays and sign-up and payment will be due on Wednesday at drop off to the sailing coordinator.
Sailing Sessions for Summer 2022
- Week A: June 21 to June 24 - Waitlist until we know the official last day of school (Friday Field Trip: to be determined)
- Week B: June 27 to June 30 (Friday Field Trip: Urban Air Adventure Park or Long Lake and Local Field Trip)
- Week C: July 5 to July 8 (Friday Field Trip: Park Breezy Picnic Grounds or Boundless Adventures)
- Week D: July 11 to July 14 (Friday Field Trip: Waterpark of New England)
- Week E: July 18 to July 21 (Friday Field Trip: Southwick Zoo or Long Lake and Local Field Trip)
- Week F: July 25 to July 28 (Friday Field Trip: Canobie Lake Park and Local Field Trip)
- Week G: August 1 to August 4 (Friday Field Trip: Museum of Science or Sunset Beach Shrewsbury MA)
- Week H: August 8 to August 11 (Friday Field Trip: In-House Carnival and Inflatable Park or Six Flags)
- Week I: August 15 to August 18 (Friday Field Trip: Tall Ship Excursion)