550 King Street
September 2023: The Planning Board has received a Definitive Subdivision Application for 550 King Street, "King Street Commons Mixed-Use Development". The Public Hearing opened on Thursday, September 7, 2023, and is scheduled to continue on October 12, 2023.
Detailed application materials below:
Application Form C
Statement of Deed Restrictions
Littleton Certified Abutters List
Westford Certified Abutters List
Development Impact Statements
Evidence of Ownership (Deed)
Construction Cost Estimate
Compiled Drainage Report
Uses proposed in this Definitive Subdivision application mirror the prior Planning Board approvals for 780 residential units; 70,000 sf commercial/retail space; 20,000 sf office space; and re-use of the existing 480,000 sf office/R&D (former IBM) buildings.
August 2023 Update: The Planning Board reviewed and approved a Preliminary Subdivision Application for 550 King Street, with discussions on July 20, and August 3, 2023.
Application (Form B)
Preliminary Subdivision Plan
Prelim. Findings - Development Impact Statement
UPDATED Preliminary Subdivision Plan
News from 2022: The Planning Board Public Hearing on the application from 550 King Street LLC for the redevelopment of 550 King Street opened on Thursday, April 7, 2022, and was continued on May 12, June 2, and June 14, 2022. At the Planning Board meeting of June 14, 2022, the Planning Board unanimously approved the Special Permits, with conditions - detailed decision below.
- 550 King Street Special Permit Decision (PDF)
- May 12, 2022 Master Plan Layout (PDF)
- Cover Letter (PDF)
- Cover Letter April 4, 2022 (PDF)
- Form 1 Special Permit Application (PDF)
- Form 1A Aquifer and Water Resource District Application Supplement (PDF)
- Form 1A Checklist for Aquifer and Water Resource District (PDF)
- Form 1F Inclusionary Housing Application Supplement (PDF)
- Public Hearing Notice (PDF)
- Updated Form 1F Inclusionary Housing Application Supplement - June 14, 2022 (PDF)
Form 1H Village Common and King Street Common FBC Area Supplement sections are:
- Development Team Qualifications (PDF)
- Project Narrative (PDF)
- Design Guidelines Narrative (PDF)
- Form 1H Checklist for King Street Common FBC Area (PDF)
- Performance Standards Letter (PDF)
- Full Site Plan Set with graphics and renderings (PDF) (This is a large file, smaller files with the same information are posted on this page.)
- Civil Engineering Plan Set (PDF)
- Graphics - PCA (PDF)
- Renderings - Tangram (PDF)
2022 King Street Commons
The Planning board met with 550 King Street LLC for an informal discussion on Thursday, March 31 at 6 pm in Room 103 of the Shattuck Street Town Offices.
- Cover Letter - 2022 King Street Commons (PDF)
- Site Master Plan Layout (PDF)
- Town Clerk Certificate of Vote - King Street Common Zoning Bylaw (PDF)
August 2021 Update
The Planning Board has received and approved an application for a "Change of Proprietorship" for the 550 King Street site. The Public Hearing was held on Thursday, September 9, 2021, at 6:15 pm in Room 103 of the Shattuck Street Town Offices.
March 2021 Information
The property owner at 534 and 550 King Street, LSREF4 Turtle (King Street), LLC has applied to the Planning Board to allow a change of property lines for the so-called "IBM site" at 550 King Street. The Public Hearing opened on Thursday, March 4, 2021, and will continue on April 8, 2021.
- Application Booklet - 534 and 550 King Street (PDF)
- Updated Application Booklet - 534 and 550 King Street (PDF) - updated February 26, 2021, to reflect Village Common zoning
- Updated Application Form - 534 and 550 King Street (PDF) - updated March 4, 2021, to reflect the 2019 update to Aquifer/Water Resource District boundary
- ANR Application Package (PDF)