What if I am unable to pay my tax bill?

First check with the Office of the Board of Assessors to see if you qualify for a tax exemption or a tax deferral. Certain types of exemptions and deferrals are available to property owners who meet stated criteria. If you still owe property taxes, and are unable to pay, please contact the Collector's Office as soon as possible. While we are unable to eliminate the property tax, interest or fees, we are here to help in any way we can and are able to listen to your situation and offer possible solutions. Remember, if you find yourself in this type of situation, the sooner you contact us, the better able we are to offer guidance.

Show All Answers

1. Am I eligible for any exemptions?
2. Can I get motor vehicle excise abatement?
3. How does non-payment of excise affect my license and registration?
4. How do I change my address for my Excise Tax?
5. How is excise tax calculated?
6. Under what circumstances might motor vehicle excise abatement be warranted?
7. What are the penalties for late tax payments or for not paying my tax bill?
8. What are the requirements for abatements?
9. What happens if my payment is late?
10. What if I am unable to pay my tax bill?
11. What if I moved out of Littleton?
12. What if I moved out of Massachusetts?
13. What if I sold my car?
14. What if I traded my car?
15. What if my car is totaled?
16. When is payment due?
17. Where can I find forms and more information on the tax?
18. Where can I find information on the deputy collector and excise tax warrant?
19. Who collects the motor vehicle excise?