The Town of Littleton utilizes Flex America as our Flexible Spending Plan Administrator. FSA accounts operate over a calendar year basis and are available for health and/or dependent care expenses. Enrollment for the next calendar year occurs each November. Employees are issued a debit card that is linked to your annual FSA election. Be sure to subscribe to the "News and Announcements" feed from Human Resources to be allerted to the exact dates for the year.
- Payflex website - information on setting an annual election amount, log into your secure user account to see your account information
Open enrollment for a Flexible Spending account for 2018 is from November 10, 2017 - November 30, 2017. All enrollments are done on-line at https://www.payflex.com.
The annual election must total $2,000 or less for FSA and $5,000 or less for Dependent Care. That election should divide evenly into the number of pay periods you have. Please make sure you round down to the nearest penny. Please remember that any unspent funds at the end of each year cannot be returned to you per IRS regulations.
- If you receive a paycheck during the year and the summer months, you should indicate 24 pay periods.
- If you do not receive a paycheck during the summer you should indicate 18 pay periods.
End of Year Expense Reminder
All services must be incurred on or before December 31st and all claims must be sent to Payflex prior to February 28th of the following year.
Cards issued by Payflex are valid for five years and will be mailed directly from Payflex. Check your expiration date to determine if you should be expecting a new card. If your debit card was inactivated due to lack of supporting documentation or ineligible expenses, you must clear your account with Payflex before it will be reactivated.
If your card has been lost, damaged or stolen you will need to contact customer service to validate your account and request a new card. Payflex Customer service can be reached at 800-284-4885. Member Service Representatives are available to assist you Monday – Friday from 7am CST to 7pm CST and Saturday from 9am CST to 2pm CST.
Forms You May Need
- Change of Family Status Form - change of status for an employee, spouse or dependent
- Crossover Claim Process - learn about having your Blue Cross expenses paid directly through your FSA
- Debit Card Request - request a debit card for a dependent
- Dependent Care Accounts - information for using your FSA for dependent care
- Health Care Accounts - information for using your FSA for health care expenses
- FSA Card Substantiation - how to keep your debit card from becomming inactive
- Reimbursement Instructions - guidelines for filing claims
- Reimbursement Claim Form - form for filing claims
- FSA and Dental Claims - using your Flex Spending Account for dental expenses