Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor for Littleton Parks, Recreation, and Community Education.
- Your first step is to review the Community Education Instructor Manual (see attachment at the bottom of this page)
- If you are able to meet our requirements as stated in the CE instructor Manual then the next step is to complete the Course Proposal Application to begin the process. (one application for each class/workshop you would like to teach).
- We are no longer accepting Fall 2018 & Winter 2019 proposals, however Spring and Summer 2019 proposals will open on December 17th, 2018.
- The intent of this application is to collect all information required to plan, implement, and run programming with Littleton PRCE. Please fill out all pertinent information as it applies to your class. You must complete the ENTIRE document.
- Please contact Rachele Carbutt (General Community Education and Teen Programming) or Jon Kazanjian (Sports or Fitness Programming) if you have any questions BEFORE submitting this application.
Once we have approved your course proposal you must submit a completed W9 to become an official vendor.
Complete a CORI background check (must drop off in person to verify ID).
Submit a signed contract.
Attend one of the Mandatory Instructors Meetings.
Basic Guidelines for Instructors:
- · PRCE contracts instructors to teach a specific activity. Instructors are listed as vendors and must submit or have a current W9 on file with Town of Littleton.
- · Our Community Education Coordinator will work with all instructors to schedule a location, date(s), and time here in Littleton or at your shop or studio that works for you and your programming.
- · We use our online registration system, RecDesk, to process all registrations.
- · The financial contract is an 80/20 split, with 80% of the program revenue going to you!
- · Final Invoices are due the last day of classes. Please allow two (2) weeks for processing.
- · Spring and Summer 2019 course proposals will open on December 17, 2018.
- . The deadline for proposal submissions is January 4th, 2018.
Spring Session 1: March 2nd- April 12th, 2019 (6 weeks)
Spring Session 2: April 27th - June 7th, 2019 (6 weeks/ 5 weeks for mondays)
Summer Session: July 13th - August 23rd, 2019 (6 weeks)
- Classes can be offered on dates outside these ranges if approved by PRCE. Please call the office to discuss.
- PRCE will advertise the courses in our seasonal brochures, social media, and in some cases, paper flyers.
o We highly encourage our instructors to promote their classes, however, all related promotional materials must be approved through the PRCE department.
MANDATORY Instructor Meeting
All instructors MUST attend one of the following sessions:
- · August 21st, 2018 7p-9p
- · August 25th, 2018 9a-11a