***Scroll down for detailed field by field information***
The Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project will be spraying all Littleton Public School fields for mosquitos on Tuesday, August 11th, 2020 after 8pm.
ALL FIELDS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC
ONLY LITTLETON YOUTH SPORTS WITH PERMITS CAN USE THE FIELDS AT THIS TIME
- Please leave the fields better than you found them. Pack out any trash, even if it’s not yours.
Field Usage Decision Information
- Please exercise caution, if a thunderstorm occurs please stop play and seek shelter immediately.
- During the week a decision on field closures will be made no later than 12:00 pm.
- During the weekend a decision on field closures will made the evening before.
- These times have been chosen to allow adequate time to alert coaches and players of cancellation.
- If there is a field closure the PRCE Director will email the presidents of each sport and it will be their responsibility to pass that information on to their coaches and participants.
- COACHES please contact the president of your respective league for more information
PLEASE use common sense when using the fields. If an area is still wet – avoid it.
If cleats are causing damage – stop playing.If it starts to rain and fields become saturated (ground feels spongy) and/or there is standing water on the field; they will revert to closed status.
All decisions on closing the fields are made with field preservation in mind and are final once posted online. ANY damage that is caused will be billed, IN FULL, DIRECTLY to the user!
This closure may be extended past this date, any updates will be made on this website.
Please practice social distancing during this time frame to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
If you have any questions about these policies please give us a call at 978-540-2490 or email us at [email protected]. If you have additional questions about COVID-19 please visit the Massachusetts Department of Health website
Director of Littleton Parks, Recreation, and Community Education