TumbleBookLibrary - K-6 children's ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.tumblebooklibrary.com/auto_login.aspx?U=tumble735&P=books
TumbleMath - K-6 math ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.tumblemath.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
TeenBookCloud - gr 7-12 ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.teenbookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
AudioBookCloud - all ages audio book database
Direct Link: https://www.audiobookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
RomanceBookCloud - a huge collection of steamy Romance novels for the older crowd!
Direct Link: https://www.romancebookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
TumbleBooks’ databases are easy to use, and feature unlimited access from home! Your patrons can read as many books as they want, when they want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly.
Your access will continue until August 31, 2020.
Databases for Children:
- Freedom Flix: With more than 60 multimedia units spanning 10 core areas of study, FreedomFlix™ offers students a behind-the-scenes look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world. (Grades 4 and up)
- Kids InfoBits: easy-to-use digital resource featuring age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content covering a broad range of educational topics.
- Scholastic Go! : Providing credible, accurate, reliable content on almost every core-curricula subject, Scholastic GO!®offers endless resources for research in a multitude of media. Explore nonfiction texts, world newspapers, videos and more with this easy-to-navigate digital resource designed to strengthen content knowledge, vocabulary, and core proficiency skills. (Grades 2 and up)
- Science Flix: Emphasizing the latest STEM thinking and the Next Generation Science Standards. (Grades 4 and up)
- True Flix: Offers dozens of units to supplement social studies and science core curricula learning. (Grades 3 and up)
Visit the Children's Calendar here.
You can contact the children's room via email.
- "Littles and Letters" Story Times are held on Wednesdays at 11:00 in the Couper Room. This is designed for children ages 3 - 5. Please register online.
- After School Story Time is held on Wednesday at 4:30 in the Children's Room. This drop-in story time for children in kindergarten up to third grade.
- Toddler Story Times are held on Fridays at 10:00 am in the Couper Room. This is designed for children ages 18 months to 36 months. Please register on-line.
- Babygarten is for babies ages 0 - 18 months and their caregivers. It is held in the Fall and in the Winter for a 6 week session. Registration is required.
Massachusetts Children's Book Award
- Choose books to read from the MCBA list and vote on your favorites. You must read five books to be eligible to vote. Ask Mrs. Haduch to help you find the books.
- International Children's Digital Library has scanned thousands of children's books from around the globe. You can page through the books just as if you were holding them in your hands.