Pursuant to Chapter 110 of the M.G.L., The Town Clerk accepts filings of Business Certificates by any person, persons or corporations conducting business in the Town of Littleton under a company name.
To file for a business certificate:
- Generally, persons or corporations, individually or in partnership with one another, and doing business in the Town of Littleton under a company name must file this certificate. The certificate is valid for four years from the date of filing. They are renewable thereafter.
- If this is a business based from your home:
- Visit the Building Deptartment (Room 302 - 3rd floor Littleton Town Hall) with a letter describing your business activities.
- If approved, the Building Department will issue an approval letter.
- Fill out this Business Certificate form. The form must be notarized. The Town Clerk can do this for you.
- Visit the Clerk's Office (Room 207 - 2nd floor Littleton Town Hall) with the approval letter to file for the business certificate.
- The fee for this filing is $30.00.
- If paying by check - Checks should be made payable to the Town of Littleton.
- Online Payments - can be made online by credit card or ACH
- A certified copy of the completed filing is available for the fee of $5.00.
If you require assistance in completing this form, please call the Clerk’s Office.
Please remember to fill out and file the form below with the Town Clerk's Office
- Business Certificate - application for a business certificate.