Obtaining a Marriage License
If you wish to be married in the State of Massachusetts you must obtain a mariage license.
- Applicants must appear together to file their intentions to be married.
- Paperwork required to apply for license: Birth Certificates, Driver's License or Passport (something with picture ID) and SS Card or something to prove SS No.
- The license is issued no less than three days after that filing.
- The fee of $25.00 is due at the time of filing Intentions.
- Certificates of Marriage may be issued after the Town Clerk has received the signed marriage license from the Solemnizer.
- There is a $10.00 charge per copy.
- All checks are to be made payable to the Town of Littleton.
- or Pay online via ACH or credit card
The marriage may take place anywhere in Massachusetts during the sixty days following the date of filing Intentions and after satisfying the three day waiting period. If the marriage does not occur within the 60 days of filing then a new filing and new fee will be required.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to call the Clerk's Office (978) 540-2401 to confirm the requirements for obtaining a marriage license and/or to make an appointment with the Clerk.