Policy on Temporary Signs on Town Owned Property
TOWN OF LITTLETON
REGULATIONS FOR TEMPORARY SIGNS
Individuals and organizations (non-profit only) desiring to place a temporary sign for various town sponsored events will be required to fill out the form attached to this policy. Forms must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the date requested, but not more than 60 days.
Guidelines for Sign Approval
- No signs shall be allowed on the common areas.
- Signs may publicize non-profit, community events ONLY.
- Signs may be displayed up to 7 days before the first day of event (total of 8 days).
- Request must be no less than 30 days, to give us adequate time for approval and not more than 60 days in advance.
- Town Government affairs (ATM/STM, Annual/Special Elections, Tax Collections) will take preference.
- Signs may not impair the vision of motorists and may not be placed on sidewalks impeding pedestrians.
- Signs must be removed no later than one day following event. Requesting party responsible for removal.
- Non-compliance with guidelines may result in denials of future requests.
- Signs no larger than 3’ x 4’ (Standard Sandwich Board Size).
- If you have several recurring events during the year, new events will take preference.
- NO CAMPAIGN OR BALLOT QUESTION SIGNS TO BE PLACED ON ANY TOWN PROPERTY, UNATTENDED.