Smart Growth, America's National Complete Streets Coalition, has ranked Littleton's "Complete Streets Policy" as Number 1 of its kind in the nation for 2013.
On December 16, 2013, the Littleton Board of Selectmen voted unanimously to adopt the "Complete Streets Policy" drafted with assistance from the Metropolitan Area Planning Council and recommended by the Planning Board and Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
Complete Streets Tier 3 Construction Grant Award
The MA Department of Transporation (MassDOT) has awarded the Town of Littleton a Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Complete Streets Tier 3 construction grant of $394,970 for these four projects, for which the groundbreaking ceremony was held on Saturday, May 13, 2017.
- Russell Street Improvements/sidewalk - $349,480
- Bicycle Accommodation: Storage - $18,000
- Flashing School Zone Signs along Shaker Lane - $16,000
- Shattuck Street Pedestrian Midblock Crosswalk - $11,489.60
On April 24, 2017, the Board of Selectmen also voted to authorize submission to MassDOT under its FY 2018 Complete Streets funding program a Tier 3 grant application in the amount of $246,268 for the following projects included in the Town's approved Tier 2 prioritization plan: Goldsmith Street improvements ($98,457.60); Jennifer Street sidewalk repair ($135,920.10); and Newtown Road pedestrian midblock crosswalk ($11,889.60).
Complete Streets Tier 2 Prioritization Plan
On August 22, 2016, the Littleton Board of Selectmen voted to authorize submission to MassDOT of the Town of Littleton's Complete Streets prioritization plan prepared with a Tier 2 grant of $43,222.94; and, further to submit to MassDOT a Tier 3 grant application of up to $400,000. The Complete Streets Prioritization Plan is a targeted investment strategy to improve safety, mobility or accessibility. Read executive summary (PDF).
Prioritization Plan Public Forum: June 9th at 6:30 PM
A public forum on development of the Complete Streets Prioritization Plan was held on Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 6:30 pm in Room 103, Littleton Town Offices, 37 Shattuck Street, Littleton, MA. Watch the LCTV video. See presentations on MassDOT funding program (PDF) and Littleton Tier 2 plan (PDF).
Tier 1 Complete Streets Policy
Tier 2 Prioritization Plan
- Final CS Prioritization Plan Littleton 09-01-2016 (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets - Mass DOT Program - Tier 2 Plan Sum - PPT (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets - MassDOT Program Mtg 1 06-09-2016 (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets - Prioritization Plan 08-16-2016 (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets - Russell Street Sidewalk Map (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets - Tier 2 Plan-Exec Sum 08-16-2016 (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets 06-09-2016 Flyer (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets 06-09-2016 Map 1 (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets 06-09-2016 Map 2 (PDF)
- Littleton - Complete Streets Public Forum 06-09-2016 (PDF)
- Littleton Tier 2 Plan Attach A Scope 03-08-2016 (PDF)